RENVIS – Researching Visions – was founded in 2017 with the aim of commercializing extensive research conducted and related to the management of risks present in modern supply chains. Soon enough, a core team of elite professionals with complementary knowledge, experience and skills was formed with the vision to provide business software solutions that help companies to thrive! What makes us passionate is helping companies to make efficient decisions, so, we strive to become a global software company.
Team, idea, development and product formation
Our main product is “SOFIA Decision Support System (DSS)”, a smart, user friendly, flexible data driven tool designed for all companies, from SMEs to large enterprises that solves complex business challenges and simplifies their decision-making process. “SOFIA” is the Greek word for wisdom and a central concept in Greek philosophy. It is the ability to combine acquired knowledge with experience and innate understanding and is the wise and logical application of knowledge.
The development of our product was based on this concept. RENVIS has partnered with Greiner Packaging (a leading worldwide plastic & packaging manufacturer) during the Data Pitch Acceleration Program to build “SOFIA DSS”. Based on SOFIA DSS, our team has developed and launched “SOFIA HR”, an intelligent tool for HR Managers.
“SOFIA DSS” is a SaaS with an API, modular and scalable architecture, meaning it can interconnect with other software (e.g. ERPs) to exchange data and information. Our DSS offers the flexibility to create custom-made decision models, by identifying factors and weights. Each factor can have a score from 0 to 10 and the calculationmethod currently used is the weighted average. Both factors’ and scores’ calculation method is elastic and can be modified according to specific needs.
“SOFIA HR” is a simple, easy-to-use, and innovative system that addresses the challenge of personnel recruitment and evaluation. Built on SOFIA DSS, it helps HR Managers to focus on people, not spreadsheets and written reports, and to make more precise, fair, and efficient decisions. It is a cloud-based, advanced model/data-driven SaaS that visualizes results in a user-friendly way. It is Flexible, Modular, Scalable, and Adaptable to each company’s needs. Furthermore, its start-up and implementation costs are low, so companies can start using it today! Other HRM solutions offered are complex, not flexible enough to fit any industry, and usually at higher pricing levels. In summary, “SOFIA HR” is the best, most innovative and straight-forward system for personnel evaluation. Find out more about SOFIA HR here or try it now!
In 2021, we will launch the updated version of “SOFIA HR”, that includes ML/AI features to utilize historical evaluation, data classification, Augmentent Artificial Intelligence (AWS A2I), advanced visualization options and thresholds for benchmarking. For the next 3 years we also intent to extend SOFIA DSS with two new Tools. Our overall objectives are i) to serve the industry by developing new products and services, ii) to further develop with our team and stakeholders and iii) to achieve high returns on investment.
Brief Timeline with Important Milestones
During this 3-year journey, RENVIS has been:
- 2020: Approved as an Official Member of National Start-up Registry “Elevate Greece”.
- 2020: Selected by the Data Market Services (DMS) Accelerator Programme to be 1 of the 50 European Start-ups among 200+ applicants to receive entrepreneurial trainings, incubation and mentoring to further develop and promote SOFIA DSS.
- 2020: Awarded as “Gold Partner” of Bitrix24 Business Software Platform.
- 2020: Accepted in AWS (Amazon Web Services) Partner Network (APN), a global partner program for technology and consulting businesses who leverage AWS to build solutions and services for customers.
- 2020: The creator of GASPAR, a novel web application that combines expert opinions with Machine Learning prediction models, bringing together people estimations and data-driven calculations in a unique way.
- 2019: The creator of Project Expenses, a Bitrix24 application for project management.
- 2019: Funded by the DataPitch Acceleration Programme as 1 of the 47 selected companies among 250 applicants to develop a Cooperative Decision Support Systems (DSS) for Request for Quotes (RFQs) evaluation, in cooperation with Greiner Packaging International.
- 2019: Affiliatedwith the Open Data Institute (ODI).
- 2019: A member of OK!Thess, Thessaloniki’s leading startup hub focusing on the local innovation ecosystem.
- 2018: Affiliated with Knack, a powerful online database with simple tools to build custom apps.
Meet the Founders
Dr. Konstantinos Papapanagiotou is currently the Managing Director and one of the co-founders of RENVIS. He is an entrepreneur, researcher and engineer with a focus in Supply Chain Risk Management and Game Theory. He has an advanced, quantitative, managerial and analytical academic background, having successfully completed a PhD degree in “Supply Chain Risk Management”, an MSc degree in “Information Systems & Business Administration” and a Diploma/MSc degree in “Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering” from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He has extensive experience in implementation of research and industrial projects (12 years) and team leading (5 years). He also works as an AWS Solutions Architect and Engineer and recently he has been appointed as an Artificial Intelligence Expert, Member of the European Commission/DIGITAL SME Focus Group on Artificial Intelligence (European DIGITAL SME Alliance).
Mrs Sofia Tsakiri is one of the two co-founders and the Legal Consultant of RENVIS. In her professional career, she has combined her Law studies and the legal expertise she developed over the years, with an MBA degree and extensive business knowledge and experience. For over 10 years she was the Head of the Information and Documentation Dpt. at the Interbalkan and Black Sea Business Center. For the last 9 years, she was the Head of the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH). Due to her contribution and involvement, AUTH, became the country’s first university with an organized Technology Transfer Office (ΤΤΟ). She has assisted and facilitated the creation of Spin-off companies and has managed the University’s patent portfolio. This year Sofia has been appointed as a member of the “Scientific Board of Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property”, an advisory body to the “National Council of Research, Technology and Innovation”.