About the job
With you, Chubb is better!
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling new adventure in one of the most vibrant and historically rich cities in Europe? Look no further! Chubb, a global leader in the insurance industry is thrilled to announce the opening of our new Technology Hub in Thessaloniki, Greece, attracting talent from all corners of the world and fostering a diverse and collaborative community. We are searching for exceptional talent like you to join our growing team.
At Chubb, we believe in pushing the boundaries of innovation, and our new technology hub will serve as a catalyst for the digital transformation of the company and the transformative advancements within our industry. With a focus on cutting-edge technologies, collaborative teamwork, and a supportive environment, we aim to revolutionize the way we deliver insurance solutions to our global customer base.
Are you excited to craft data and design pipelines to translate them into impactful, groundbreaking projects? Would you like to be a member of a fun working environment where your innovative projects make a real impact? Do you have a solid grasp and demonstrable experience in designing, describing, and managing solution engineering to match it with specific business problems? Then, check this outstanding opportunity!
Your Responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize and support the data architecture for multiple large-scale projects
- Integrate data from various sources and build robust, multi-functional data assets to support analytics. Responsible for data asset design, development, integration, and optimization.
- Create and contribute to frameworks that improve the efficacy of logging data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve
- Collaborate with others to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful way
- Design, build, and launch collections of sophisticated data models and visualizations that support multiple use cases across different products or domains
- Solve our most exciting data integration problems, applying optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Optimize pipelines, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts. Moreover, clean, unify and organize messy and complex data sets for easy access and analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities subject to specialty
- Relevant experience in data/software engineering experience including data analysis, design and integration/ETL
- Good SQL knowledge
- Significant programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, R, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following: data processing automation, data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data privacy
- Experience with Databricks and with the Azure Cloud (particularly its Synapse, Data Factory, and DevOps) would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- Strong communications skills with the ability to cooperate with both executives and technical staff in Greek and English
Our team makes the difference, every time. For this reason, we offer in return!
We offer hybrid working model, explicit, structured career development, relocation support, a competitive salary package, annual bonus, private medical cover, monthly allowance for lunch, continuous learning experiences, work in a fun, lively environment with mentoring from our groundbreaking senior mentors.
Integrity. Client Focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values instruct how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and encouraging.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances. We earnestly strive to achieve an environment where all colleagues feel comfortable to perform to their full potential and are recognized for their contributions.
Many voices, One Chubb!