DRAXIS is an SME that focuses on developing real life environmental ICT solutions and providing specialized environmental consultation services. Looking always ahead, we keep up with and interpret what is happening in day-to-day business, so as to offer custom-made tools, reflecting our commitment to be of service to the environment we live in.
We are currently looking to fulfil a position of a Backend Web Developer to join our team in Thessaloniki. Our company’s business model provides a unique opportunity for IT oriented professionals to assume the role of a Backend Web Developer and be a part of diverse teams that undertake projects ranging in size, scale and type.
The core focus of this role is to implement the business logic of the applications supporting or comprising the company’s projects by writing concise, elegant and reusable code, either on solo projects or as part of a team with other members of the dev team, while communicating with the frontend developers for layer integration.
A broad understanding of core software development concepts is a requirement, along with developed communication skills that will ensure smooth collaboration both within the backend team, as well as the frontend team. In addition, our wide range of projects means that you will be coming in contact with new technologies on a constant basis, so a desire to learn and the aptitude to do so is a must.
What you will be doing:
- Translate user/functional requirements into technical implementations;
- Design and implement solutions’ components;
- Develop designed solutions by writing concise, efficient and readable code;
- Integrate with third party libraries and external APIs;
- Debug applications in order to understand issues that might arise;
- Collaborate with the frontend team on layer integration;
- Provide accurate time estimates on assigned tasks.
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in applied / engineering sciences and / or computer science;
- Advanced understanding of core programming concepts;
- Experience on database implementation and administration;
- Adoptability to new technologies and frameworks;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Excellent problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Confident communicator, with both technical and non-technical people;
Will be a plus if you also have:
- Prior work experience;
- Experience in web development in PHP/Laravel or in Python/Django;
- Relational DB (MySQL and PostgreSQL preferrable);
- Experience with GIT (or any other version control software);
What we offer:
- A competitive salary plus a private health insurance program;
- A multidisciplinary dynamic and friendly environment;
- Annual training budget to expand your knowledge on the topics you are passionate about;
- A variety of technologies and projects to sharpen your skills and build up your portfolio;
- Full time employment;
Our mission is to develop innovative environmental ICT solutions that cover real-life needs and utilize cutting edge technologies.
Environmental Digitization Strategy
Leveraging our unique know-how and expertise on the environmental sector we anticipate market needs and develop state-of-the-art solutions for the private and public sectors at local, national and European levels. Passionate about applying ICT, we use, combine and integrate remote sensing technologies, compound algorithms, GIS and other datasets to build multi-functional web-based platforms and mobile applications, digital twins, decision making tools, crowdsourcing platforms, workflow systems and other software solutions.
Flexibility and Equal Employment Opportunity
People are the greatest asset of our company. We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture where a diverse and inclusive workforce can achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.