What does the company do
In times of increasing resource scarcity, global warming, and environmental challenges, GWF goes the extra mile to measure valuable resources (water, heat, gas, electricity). We are developing new measurement and communication technologies to accomplish double-digit growth and bring cool products to the market.
In Thessaloniki, GWF has established a modern Development Center whose mission is to create fresh smart-metering and IoT solutions that reshape traditional utilities toward smart city paradigms. We want to contribute to the local tech ecosystem and at the same time drive the company’s international growth. The team offers a vibrant environment, passionate bright colleagues, and a clear goal to transform IoT data into modern applications.
What you will do
Based in Thessaloniki, you will work with an interdisciplinary team of developers ranging from hardware and electronics to mobile software engineers.
You will become familiar with GWF’s proprietary technology, sensors, actuators, and industrial measurement systems.
You will work with the local team, while having access to expert technical guidance by the respective product tech leads throughout Europe.
You will be mentored to actively contribute in testing and quality assurance for embedded systems (e.g., flow meters, communication modules and gateways) with focus on low-power applications. You will take part in peer reviewing of functional code and testing code during the Unit, Functional and System Test phases of designs. In parallel you will be integrated in an Agile development framework: take part in all ceremonies, get tasks assigned to you, and drive them to completion in time and scope. You will have a chance to learn about technologies, trends, best practices, protocols, standards, and certifications in the technological scope of the products and of product development in general.
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent Python is a must. Especially in a CI/CD and automated testing context.
- Embedded C programming and debugging is a very strong plus.
- Quality oriented mindset and experience
- Knowledge of Python-based testing frameworks is of particular interest.
- Exposure in formal testing processes would be desirable.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps, automated testing principles is a strong plus.
- Unit Testing experience in C is a plus.
- C++ knowledge is nice to have.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical Care program
- Partial remote work flexibility
- Learning and growth opportunities in an international company setup
- A pleasant, fun, and achievement-oriented environment
- Modern, bright offices, located close to the airport