We are Kaizen Gaming
Kaizen Gaming is the leading GameTech company in Greece and one of the fastest-growing in Europe, with the Stoiximan brand in Greece and Cyprus and Betano in Germany, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Portugal, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Canada. Our aim is to leverage cutting-edge Technology in order to provide the optimum experience to those who trust us for their entertainment.
Adopt a data-first approach in all parts of the company
Here in Kaizen we are convinced that harnessing value from our data is the way forward. In order to achieve our data-first approach and enable all teams to make decisions and take actions based on them, we have built our Data Lake.
Our new architecture enables us to host all our data under one hood, making them available in one place, supporting both structured and unstructured formats, batch and real-time ingestion and serving both analytics and machine learning workloads.
As a result we are providing a scalable, cost effective single point of truth for all teams to work independently and create value for the company.
This initiative is driven by the Big Data Platform team, where 5 engineers are responsible for the design and expansion of the Data Lake.
The Data Lake is used by many teams: the BI, Reporting, Data Science & Machine Learning teams are our best friends. As more and more teams attest to the value the Data Lake can unlock, our product teams are joining the ever increasing group, thus this is the reason our team needs to to grow as well.
Part of our day to day tasks is to find how to bring new data sources to our infrastructure and enable the downstream users to create value from the delivered data.
We are also there to take care of our Data Lake. The stability of our pipelines as well as the scalability and the efficiency of our design is crucial for achieving our company goals. As a result part of our job is also to design, develop and deploy all relevant tools that will make our and our data infrastructure users’ life easier.
Finally, we make our expertise in distributed computing available to any team that may need it, in order to accelerate Kaizen’s data driven approach.
Spark, Scala, Python, Delta, Apache Airflow, Azure Databricks, Azure DevOps for source code management and CI/CD, Grafana
Supportive Stack/Processes: Kanban/Scrum, Jira / Confluence, Pair programming
As part of the Big Data Platform team, you will:
- Help shape the new era of the company data wise;
- Implement our technology roadmap to the highest of quality standards;
- Affect the technological vision of the Big Data chapter;
- Always keep track of the latest developments in our domain;
- Work on challenging tasks and constantly hone your technical skills
What you’ll bring
- Very good knowledge of Spark, able to write and optimize code
- Strong software engineering skills, versed in designing and writing production level code
- Working experience with object oriented programming (java, scala or python, not important)
- Working experience with data pipeline orchestration frameworks
- Experience with DevOps (ideally DataOps)
- Ability to design, plan and deliver end to end data pipelines
- Contribute to team culture with high quality coding standards (mentoring, code reviewing)
- Ability to understand and evaluate new technologies and take design decisions
- Working experience with Databricks (not required)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spark monitoring tools and frameworks
As a Senior Big Data Engineer you will be called to help the existing team move forward technologically and help establish the high quality software engineering mentality we are pursuing. Concrete working experience, deep understanding of your craft is required and respective Spark programming skills are important. What really matters is your desire and ability to help the existing team progress technologically and to be part of this endeavor from the early stages by bringing passion and an attitude to level-up our pipelines.
Kaizen Gaming Perks
🕑 Work from home & remote working options.
🏃 A buddy will support you with your onboarding.
💸Competitive salary package and bonus scheme.
Health and life insurance for you and your family.
💰 Monthly allowance for lunch & commuting expenses.
💻Nice rigs – 2.5K monitor, latest i7, tons of RAM, fast SSD.
📚 Pluralsight, unlimited access to Udemy & continuous training for all your learning and development needs.
⭐Clear career paths & a developmental 360° feedback framework.
✈ Relocation package and “Brain Gain” relocation bonus for Greek expats.